joy through toys
NOTE: Although the 2018 Carols event has been cancelled, the Joy Through Toys collection will go ahead as planned.
Please donate new or pre-loved toys in good, clean condition
to help bring some joy to less priviledged children this Christmas.
Toys in great condition are being collected again this year for distribution via Anglicare. It's just like passing on toys to younger siblings or cousins! We'd love to receive toys that you would be happy for your kids to receive. No bikes or large items thanks.
The drop-off location is the box on the steps of St Mark's
Hall in Malacoota Road, Northbridge from Sunday November 11
to Sunday December 2.
JOY THROUGH TOYS is an initiative of the Combined Christian Churches of Northbridge that continues Elsie Kaye's lone activity for many years of collecting and distributing pre-loved toys to many children in Australia and overseas. Elsie's personal creed was "JOY" – Jesus first, Others next and then Yourself.
Please note the following:
• as a guide, don't leave toys you would not like your own children to receive.
• ensure toys are complete and unbroken and in great condition – we have no facility to repair broken toys.
• wipe hard surfaces clean with disinfectant and soft toys should be washed and dried before leaving for collection.
• battery power toys need new batteries and tested as working.
• we are NOT accepting large items such as bikes, outdoor play equipment, swing sets, etc. Contact us to check via Facebook site.
Can YOU bring a big smile to such a child's face this Christmas? Now is the time for a spring de-clutter! Have a good look
at what toys are now just taking up space. Clean them up and
donate them to a great cause!! This also will re-use toys
that otherwise would go to land-fill.